Coaching is premised on the belief that you (and I) are already whole, resourceful, capable and creative

Tuesday 25 November 2014

I'm not a Therapist.

Today was an experience. A pure Coaching one!

The discussion was on values & limiting beliefs,


and we arrived at underlying beliefs that are self limiting my Client.


To reflect and bring that into light it required an amount of dwelling in the past - to scratch the surface a little, to look the possible How's and Why's in-the-eye, to accept the beliefs that were impeding her self expression.


In Coaching there can be many moving tracks.


This was one.


The more important one was to move ahead. To shine intent & action on the goals that were impeded so far. 


Just then, almost naturally, the track dealing in the past lost  traction - It felt heavy, limp, starting to drain energy from both of us.


Almost at the edge of gloomy!


The Coach in me stepped in.


I heard myself announce "Let's shift the gear..., allow me." Intuitively.


In response, my Client - relief and lightness in her voice - embraced the diversion,the shift.


It was magical - a palpable, dynamic shift in energy.


My Client : "You are a good Coach, this was just the right time to stop, to look ahead...". 


Humbled, grateful for the Coach in me who stepped in.


and we both gave in to the abandon of possibilities ahead.


#Trust the process#






No comments:

Post a Comment