Coaching is premised on the belief that you (and I) are already whole, resourceful, capable and creative

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Assumptions are Fear, one way or another.


Assumptions are devoid of the present moment.

A life-truth.

Try and imagine a moment-in-life full of assumptions about a person, place or an event. 

Now observe how consumed you were in that thought while you experienced that moment?

Were you really 'Present' to experience the purity of the moment?

Was that assumption but a projection of your fear, your anxiety, your doubts.

What would you do differently next time?


A cue lies in CURIOSITY. 

Might not be easy at first to be curious.  But you can practice curiosity.

CUE : 'What am I eager to know about this person, place or event that I don't already know?!' 
At a higher level you can even cue yourself to look for fun : 'What do I not know that might be fun to know and experience?' 
Sense the release you feel at the thought. Notice how light-hearted you are on your way to the awaited moment!

Try It.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am Sam, and I am a professional certified life coach. Ever since I was little, I always understood and felt empathetic towards people and their problems and I remember them telling me that I am a great listener and the best advice giver. I soon realized that I have helped several people in letting them deal with life problems and started to wonder if I should take this gift of mine and turn it into a career. So, here I am, a few years later being a certified life coach who is hoping to share her gift with the world and help people resolve their problems by my life coaching & Business Consulting Services.

    ReplyDelete